ABOUT BRAIN WAVES
Brain waves = Any of the fluctuations of electrical potential in the brain. Detectable with an electroencephalograph. They vary from 1-40 hertz.
Hertz = The frequency of a periodic phenomenon that has a periodic time of 1 second; 1 cycle per second.
BETA waves range between 13.40 HZ.
- You are wide awake with peak concentration
- There is alertness and cognition
- Mind is sharp and focused.
- Neurons fire abundantly in rapid succession to achieve peak performance
- There is hand eye coordination and visual insight
ALPHA waves range between 7-12 HZ
- A state of deep relaxation, but not quite meditation
- It is the resonant frequency of the earth's electromagnetic field
- Entry point into deeper states of awareness
- Fears can vanish
- Creative energy flows and there is a sense of peace
THETA waves rage between 4-7 HZ
- A state of even deeper relaxation, almost to the point of sleep
- Receptive to information beyond normal awareness
- Deeper states of meditation can be achieved
- There is a sense of floating
- You may feel your mind expand beyond the boundaries of your body
DELTA waves range between 0-4 HZ
- These waves are long, slow, undulating.
- The slowest of all brain wave frequencies
- Associated with deep sleep
- It is the brain wave signal of the subconscious
- There is detached awareness
- Delta range triggers the release of Human Growth Hormone